Wednesday, January 7, 2009

assets, six packs and much much more

For many years I have lived in a closed minded society. I was not allowed to explore "crazy" ideas or think outside the box (like actually if I was ever found outside the box i was beaten with a whip made out of metal wiring). That has all changed for me though, with one of the new members of 15 Washington Terrace; who will not be referred to by name.
To share a quick example: he eats cereal with a fork instead of a spoon. As weird as it sounds it seems to work, I watched eat a bowl today, and he makes a valid point that it saves on milk because you don't have to refill for each new addition of cereal (he had some other points but I will leave it to him to share).
But to get to my main point, we were watching tv earlier in the day, and a commercial came on for the total body fitness or something like that, which is pretty much a little plastic thing that attaches to your door and you can do many different exercises with it. After admiring the body of the guy in the commercial, and said roommate remarked that the guys six pack was even nicer than Dungeon Dwellers, we got to talking about shallowness. (Dale, I know this paragraph is not written grammatically and I know that it bothers you so I want to apologize)
Anyway, moving on. So we began talking about people who work out and how they get six packs that looked like this guy. And somehow we moved onto the idea of people being shallow and marrying for looks. And I realized that is the completely wrong reason for people to get married. I mean over time a person's body will inevitably change and then what? I just think that its important to realize that one day that guy might get pregnant (laugh all you want but it has already happened, just check People magazine) and his six pack will be gone and then what will be of your marraige? I'll tell you what will be of it, you will wake up one day and realize that it was a lie and that unless he is willing to get stomach implants put in you are going to leave and find someone else; or worse yet feel like you can't leave him so you just end up cheating. And these are situations we should all try to avoid.

Also, just figured I'd throw this out there, while having a conversation with one of our loyal fans the other day this is what was said, and I kid you not.
basement dweller: yea whenever i need entertainment i always look ont he blog
Awesome! right? Yeah I knew you'd agree

3 comments:

  1. ok im not gonna lie.. that last part is juuusttt sad

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybe, but I told the person I would quote them a post, so here it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. JoSF, I was almost impressed by you using the word "assets" in your title. Then I realized you wrote "assests" and not that's just completely different...

    ReplyDelete