Monday, January 12, 2009

Greetings from Jackalope Country

For those of you wondering, Jackalope Country is Wyoming. For those of you wondering what a jackalope is, it’s basically a cross between a jackrabbit and an antelope. For more info look here.

After two days here we have yet to see a jackalope, but we remain vigilant.

For those of you interested I’ll walk you through our trip so far. For those of you not interested in hearing about my trip I recommend you check this out instead. The four of us, Dungeon Dweller, werd, Yoni Raab, and myself, landed on Sunday at the smallest airport I have ever been to. It was pretty much a house with a long drive way. A really long driveway. Really really long.

We took a long awkward van ride to our condo with a man who looked like a Keith. By looked like a Keith I mean he had a mullet, and wore a trucker hat. Thankfully Keith informed us that he had yet to have sex in the van for which he figured he could charge a dollar a minute. I told him I didn’t think I could help, but it sounded like a great way to make three bucks.

Anyway we arrived at the condo at around two o’clock here and were immediately blown away. Our condo, part of the huckleberry development itself a smaller part of the berry patch developments, is absurd. Two floors, two bedrooms, a dining area, a living room, a full kitchen, a sitting room and two full bathrooms. Also a fireplace and a terrace, which I recommend you don’t confuse. The view from the fireplace is sub-par at best.

Dungeon Dweller, werd and I tackled the mountain together today and to be brief we were really impressed. We were lucky enough to arrive right after a major snowfall so we had some very enticing fresh powder to carve through, which was pretty amazing. Unfortunately, we only got the opportunity to take the tram to the top once because it got too windy so they had to shut it down. To help you understand what I mean by “too windy” note that when we went up winds were gusting at 68 mph. This was an acceptable amount of windiness. “Too windy” is windier than that. Regardless our day was awesome, if a bit tiring.

Raab took a lesson today because he had never snowboarded before and by all accounts it went well. You’re probably wondering why I am talking about Raab when he doesn’t live in the townhouse. Simple. He knocked Brad Pitt on his ass this afternoon. Take a second. Maybe read that sentence again, I’ll actually repeat it for your convenience. He knocked Brad Pitt on his ass this afternoon. How? You ask. Basically Raab was tightening his bindings on the floor and he "accidentally" tripped a slow moving (on a snowboard of course) Brad Pitt. Raab apologized and Brad said “no worries.” Exciting stuff.

Right now, we just got back from the hot tub (outdoor) and sauna and we’re lighting a fire – in the fireplace – so I’m gonna go relax with that.

with strong emotions of kindness and goodwill,

dale

7 comments:

  1. did u take a picture of him? autograph?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Note: There were no meidels in the hot tub or sauna (for the Stern Meidels).

    ReplyDelete
  3. i did not take a picture because i respected his privacy. also i didn't have a camera on me and didn't recognize that it was him till he was moving away from me.

    I'd also like to point out that by the end of the day i was shredding that mountain...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was a funny post. I nearly peed my pants. (winking emoticon)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope Werd is feeling better and is not too sick to have fun

    ReplyDelete
  6. you should have made out and f***** it

    ReplyDelete